Origen: Motivational Quotes
Considered one of the best motivational speeches, this famous motivational speech from the 2006 film, Pursuit of Happyness, features Will Smith and his son playing basketball.
At the start of the clip you’ll see Smith’s son (his actual son, Jaden Smith) playing around with a basketball, and he shouts out “I’m going pro!”
After hearing this, Smith decides to try and level his son’s expectations, mentioning that he himself never really excelled at basketball, so his son shouldn’t expect to either.
His son is visibly disappointed by this comment, and Smith notices this.
Smith then proclaims: “don’t ever let somebody tell you that you can’t do something, not even me.”
“You got a dream, you gotta protect it. You want something, go get it. Period.”
This motivational speech is a special one. Even though both Will and Jaden Smith are acting, they’re still father and son, and you can see how this scene reflects their own family dynamic.
It’s a short motivational speech, but it’s one of the best motivational speeches of all time, in our opinion
Life can be tough. Are you looking for an extra boost today? Check out our list of the best motivational speeches of all time. Perfect for getting that extra burst of energy to seize the day! Watching a motivational speech each day can help you start your day on the right foot. Get inspired now!
CEO, Berkshire Hathaway
- Known as the “Oracle of Omaha,” Warren Buffett is one of the most successful investors of all time.
- He runs Berkshire Hathaway, which owns more than 60 companies, including insurer Geico, battery maker Duracell and restaurant chain Dairy Queen.
- The son of a U.S. congressman, he first bought stock at age 11 and first filed taxes at age 13.
- He has committed to giving more than 99% of his fortune to charity. So far he has given away nearly $32 billion, much of it to the Gates Foundation.
- With friend Bill Gates he launched The Giving Pledge in 2010, asking billionaires to donate half their wealth to charitable causes.
If you’re anything like me, you probably find it hard to stay focused sometimes, especially with distractions coming from every angle. In fact, when I arrived at work today I was distracted by an email, a Facebook notification on my phone, a Slack message, and a colleague passing by to […]